microblog-purple 0.2.1 - another big step
I know you have been waiting for next official version of #mbpurple or #mbpidgin or microblog-purple or pidgin-microblog. Sorry, this software has so many names. We call it purple because you can use it in
finch, text-based multi-protocol instant messaging client based on Pidgin aka Pidgin command-line. Today @somsak decided to release microblog-purple 0.2.1 after added lots of features and fixed many bugs.
- Twitter, Identica, and Laconica now serve mainly as protocol only plug-in. You need to enable Twitgin in order to get old fancy output in conversation windows.
- Fix SSL connection bug that may crash Pidgin when connection is unstable.
- Clicking reply link now add
in_reply_to_idhttp parameter (make the message appear as "reply to message" in web-site).
- Remove "twitter.com" label. Now conversation showed as if coming from each individual user.
*(Favorite) and RT (Retweet) link for easy favorite and retweet (thanks to @nopparat).
- Move "Enable reply link" preference to Twitgin "Configure plug-in".
Windows users, please go to project page to download new installer. Ubuntu users should go to my page and follow instruction to install via PPA. This version has been built for Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty.
For Mac users, Adium port is in progress.